Level 1 Certified Trainers are required to complete a 3-day, minimum of 4 hours per day, Certified Trainer Update Course once every two years for the following purposes:
- Trademark License Renewal: All Students enrolling in Foundation Teacher Training Courses sign a Trademark License Agreement dated with the first day of the Course. This enables the Apprentice to teach GYROTONIC Methodology to clients, as well as use the GYROTONIC Trademarks for promotional purposes, as outlined in the License.
- In order for GYROTONIC Headquarters to re-issue a new License upon expiration of the previous License, the Trainer must successfully complete a mandatory Certified Trainer Update Course.
- The Trainer must complete the Update Course within the 12-month period prior to the date of expiration of the License.
- The Trainer must take the Update Course with a GYROTONIC Master Trainer. The Master Trainer will notify GYROTONIC Headquarters once the Update Course has been completed.
- The cost of the Update Course does NOT include the fee paid to Gyrotonic Headquarters for a new, 2-year License, this is a separate fee and transaction.
- In addition to sending the License Renewal letter back to GYROTONIC Headquarters, the Trainer must also mail samples of all promotional materials (business cards, brochures, flyers, websites, etc) currently being used. GYROTONIC Headquarters will review these materials for proper trademark usage.
- Upon approval of the renewal letter and the promotional material by GYROTONIC Headquarters, a new Level I Certificate will be issued to the Certified Trainer. The Certificate will show an expiration date of two years from the License Renewal date. As a result, the Trainer will have an active License and Certificate for two years. The same procedures will follow every two years.
Beginning on January 1st, 2009, Certified GYROTONIC Trainers have the option of taking any one of the following Courses to satisfy the Level 1 Update requirements:
1) Courses taught on the GYROTONIC Pulley Tower Combination Unit:
a- The Gyrotonic Level 1 Update Course for Certified Trainers, 3 days in length (re-taking an entire Foundation Course will also satisfy this Update requirement)
b- The Gyrotonic Level 2 Pre-Training Workshop (beginning May 1, 2010)
c- The Gyrotonic Level 2 Teacher Training Coursee- The following Specialized Courses satisfy the Update Requirement:
Gyrotonic Applications for The Pelvis
Gyrotonic Applications for The Shoulder Girdle
Gyrotonic Applications for Scoliosis
Beginning January 1, 2012:
Gyrotonic Applications for Golf
Gyrotonic Applications for Dancers, 1
Gyrotonic Applications for Dancers, 2
Gyrotonic Pathways of the Shoulder, Hip and Spine
Gyrotonic Applications for Pre/Post Natal
Gyrotonic Applications for Breast Cancer Survivors
Gyrotonic Applications for Osteoporosis
Gyrotonic Applications for Tennis
Gyrotonic Principles in the Context of Osteopathy
Gyrotonic Applications for Healing & Rejuvenating the Hands and Feet
Gyrotonic Applications for Equestrians
Gyrotonic Applications for the Hip & Knee JointsGyrotonic Applications for Hip Replacement
2) Courses taught on the GYROTONIC Specialized Equipment:
a- The Gyrotoner Foundation Course, 4 days in length
b- The Jumping-Stretching Board Foundation Course, 7 days in length
c- The Leg Extension Unit Foundation Course, 6 days
d- The Archway Foundation Course, 7 days in length